Sunday, December 5, 2010

10/18/10: The Godfather


The Godfather

Basic Plot: When organized crime family patriarch Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) barely survives an attempt on his life, his youngest son, Michael (Al Pacino), steps in to take care of the would-be killers, launching a campaign of bloody revenge. Francis Ford Coppola brings Mario Puzo's multigenerational crime saga to life in this Oscar-winning epic that also spawned Best Actor honors for Brando, who refused the prize for political reasons.

Rating: 4.5/5

My Thoughts: I honestly do not have too much to say about this particular movie. I only watched about 3/4 of it, and I know I should have watched the whole thing if I was to write a review on it, but I figured "Why not?" Overall, I enjoyed it very much. It was gritty, dark, and violent, and that's my type of movie. However, I cannot give it a full 5/5 stars until I see the ending. A movie can be phenomenal, but if the ending is bad, there's no way I will like it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment